Good news. I have created a brand new version of the old's particle system! Now, easier to implement, customizable and there's much more physics involved!
Basic usage:-> Include jQuery and particles system's files.
Demo textHover over: Demo text
You can also specify the following attributes
- data-src="particle_image" -> a link/path to a set of particles images. Note that "1.png" , "2.png", etc. will be added at the end of this url
- data-src-no="5" -> related to the above, how many different particle types does the set have.
- Use this awesome script simply by including one file and adding the class sparkling
- Fully customizable. No more obfuscation. The code is even commented! You can create custom styles and use your own particle images.
- Particles do not intereact with the page or with the user. The particles are deleted if they exit viewport. The user can click through the particles so they do not affect UI.
- Particles are acceleration sensitive: move the mouse faster, the particles go faster!
- Cross-browser. Works even in IE8 (almost :-" )